Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8695) Re: Re: OS X 10.3.3 almost working with Apple X1

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8695) Re: Re: OS X 10.3.3 almost working with Apple X11
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 22:04:59 -0700

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 05:37:30PM -0400, Dominic Thomas wrote:
> I am using Client 1.14.1.  The new city packet is sent to the server
> before the crash.  When I boot up another client after a crash, I
> connect to the server and see the new city.  When I try to click on the
> new city the client crashes again, and I can once again open a new one
> and be at the place where I left off.

I would use a CVS snapshot. You're going to get better help here especially
since we want to support OSX for the next release.

> I ran "civclient &; civserver"  under gdb but was unable to get the
> civclient to show itself.  I will try going to the log files and adding
> printifs next.  Any other thoughts?

hmm. gdb is only going to attach itself to one process I think...
I would run the client and server in different terminals.
Also change the log levels for the packet handling do see where the client
crashes.

-mike