Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: All these viruses coming through freeciv-dev

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: All these viruses coming through freeciv-dev
From: Marko Lindqvist <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 01:59:43 +0300

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Marko Lindqvist wrote:

It seems that Per's mail address gets special treatment; mails
seemingly coming from Per are coming through with viruses. I've got six
of them in a couple of days. And I could actually believe that Per uses
subject "New changes" for freeciv-devmail... what I do not believe is
that he would leave body empty and just add attachment...

Yes, this sucks :(

Yes, my bayesian filter is fast learning that anything from you is spam. You should sent more ham mails, extra good patches for freeciv and such :)

Someone (on this list, perhaps?) got their machine infested with an email
worm, and spews out virus mails because they have freeciv-dev posts in one
of their mailboxes.

My guess is that someone else opened it as they seem to come more repidly now... I also noticed that those viruses are actually archived at complete.org (anything sent as just 'per' instead of full name since 26.4). I even saw some more there than I have received myself.

I will change my email address soon and resubscribe, and then this problem
will go away as far as "per@xxxxxxxxxxx" is concerned.

I just hope that you have other reasons for this switch than avoiding these virusspam problems. I'd hate to think that they force someone to take such actions.

 - Caz, not completely sober