Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8539) Too wide players dialog (solution)

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8539) Too wide players dialog (solution)
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:21:11 -0700

> [mstefek@xxxxxxxxx - Sun Apr 18 11:52:26 2004]:
>
> Attached patch allows user to select which column should be visible in
> players dialog (sometimes it becomes to wide for 1024x800). It is done
> in the same way as in city report.

I get this warning when compiling:

plrdlg.c:281: warning: `renderer' might be used uninitialized in this
function
plrdlg.c:282: warning: `col' might be used uninitialized in this function

it's harmless but should be fixed.

As for the general design, I think it's good.

There are a few minor problems with style and commenting.  Particuarly
all of the little tiny functions you write should get function comments.

Finally you should add an assertion in init_player_dlg_common that is
something like

  assert(NUM_PLAYER_DLG_COLUMNS == ARRAY_SIZE(player_dlg_columns));

As for the GUI code I think Vasc needs to look at it.

jason