Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8528) Move text building functions into one file

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8528) Move text building functions into one file
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:07:55 -0700

The gui-fs has a lot of text building functions. The mapview has
already 300 lines and this will double in size. Most of them are
various labels and tooltips. I want to have this extracted from the
"core" mapview. Either in client/gui-fs/text.c or client/text.c.

Attached is a patch which _starts_ this for the current CVS (no
gui-fs) and client/text.c.

Advantages over putting these in client/gui-*/foobar.c should be
clear. Advantages over using client/foobar_common.c: less cluttering
of the common file. Advantages over using client/gui-*/text.c: higher
chance of sharing.

Another advantage is that the text.c is build very regularly (less
chance to make something wrong, higher chance a non-expert programmer
can change something).

Also note that text.c uses some best text building method I found in
the code. It is really easy to code, easy to verify BUT safe.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "I heard if you play the NT-4.0-CD backwards, you get a satanic message."