Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] "bigisotrident" tileset

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] "bigisotrident" tileset
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:00:13 -0500

To do some experimenting with 128x64 tilesets, I made a double-sized version of isotrident.

This was a matter of a few minutes. I copied all the PNG and specfiles and the .tilespec file. Then I scaled up all the PNGs. I doubled the dx/dy as well as the pixel_offsets and *_top_left values in the specfiles. I renamed the file.gfx in the specfiles as well as the files in the tilespec file. Finally I doubled the flag_offset values in the tilespec file, along with the normal_tile width and height.

I left the small tiles the same.  isotrident/small.* is still used.

The result is surprisingly playable.  I put it up at:

  ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/tilesets/bigisotrident/

I'd encourage any tileset developers, however, to make a better 128x64 tileset. I think freeciv really needs one.

jason