Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6476) why is the Lighthouse Wonder buildable in landlo

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6476) why is the Lighthouse Wonder buildable in landlocked cities?
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:26:10 -0800

> [guest - Sat Oct 11 12:30:23 2003]:
>
> I am playing the CVS snapshot release (compiled on 10/10/03) and in my
> game I have a city, Meneltarma - I'm playing as the Dunedain, that has
> the Lighthouse Wonder available in the production queue. My city is a
> landlocked city. It only makes sense that the Lighthouse and Magellan's
> Expedition should be excluded for cities not adjacent to a sea square.

Lighthouse, magellans, hoover dam are all buildable everywhere.

In the civ2 ruleset this might be for compatability.  (Any civ2 people
know?)  Regardless, we shouldn't change it without seeing documentation.

In the default ruleset we can change it, though.  We should balance
gameplay versus realism.  Obviously realism would argue against
landlocked cities.  Design board: will you comment on this?

jason