Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7363) 1x1 isles.

To: tarje@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7363) 1x1 isles.
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 00:28:54 -0800

> [tarje@xxxxxxxxxx - Sun Feb 01 15:57:45 2004]:
>
> Hi.
>
> Attached is a patch that always makes 1x1 isles appear on the final map,
> if they are adjacent to land in NORTH-EAST, SOUTH-EAST, SOUTH-WEST,
> NORTH-WEST direction. The current code actually regards these as 1x1
> islands, even though they are accesible from a continent.

I believe this change has already been made (just a few days ago).
Please check.

> The changes are found on line 862 and 866 in the attached file
> (server/mapgen.c) (not commented). This is really just a one-liner that
> calls adjc_dir_iterate (which checks all 8 sorrounding squares) instead
> of cartesian_adjacent_iterate (which only checks EAST, SOUTH, WEST and
> NORTH). For code-cleanup, it could be suggested to make the involved
> two, very alike (in concept) functions more alike in presentation.
>
> Since I have never submitted anything to freeciv before, I haven't got
> an account for RT yet (though I have asked for one), therefore I
> regretably submit the patch here.

Huh?  This is where you should be submitting it.

However, you should submit the changes as a patch, not as an entire
file.  See the instructions on using "diff" and "cvs diff" at
http://freeciv.org/contribute.html.

thanks,
jason