Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7304) iso-map support for mapgen

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7304) iso-map support for mapgen
From: "Jason Short" <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 14:50:31 -0800

> I use at second place in args the names to be create AS in ITERATORS not
> at first place as you! If you change it i need change all of my code in
> extended topologies(#7287) and in quincuncial (more 200k !)
>
> I see you use some map_to_native_pos(),  this is rarely  needed to be
> used directly! If you define (as me) a do_in_native_pos layer too. But
> pleas make args of layers as in iterators!!

Problem is the iterators are backwards.  The way memcpy, strcpy,
xxx_to_xxx_pos work have the destination values first followed by the
source values.  We decided a while ago that this should be the standard.

However, the do_in_map_pos block is most similar to an iterator in that it
is not function-like.  Perhaps in this case it does make sense to have the
destination variables (which are defined within the block) last.
Personally I'd rather fix the existing code and move toward a unified
standard, however.

jason