[Freeciv-Dev] Re: nocity_send value in server

To: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: nocity_send value in server
From: Raimar Falke <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:08:08 +0100

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 02:35:10PM -0500, Jason Dorje Short wrote:

> What is the overhead of duplicate sends now?

1 (packet type) + 2 (size) + 6 (delta header) = 9 byte.

> Here's an serious question: with the delta code, can we safely
> remove the nocity_send value in the server?

Safely is in "same semantics": yes.

The question is really how much sends with different values
nocity_send blocks each turn per city. I have no idea.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  A supercomputer is a computer running an endless loop in just a second