[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7336) A better solution (?) to smallpox

To: akaquinn@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7336) A better solution (?) to smallpox
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 01:33:29 -0800

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 04:20:13PM -0800, Gregory Richards wrote:

> Very good point.  Here's a new one.  It drops the realism a bit, but should
> fix
> that.  It's the same as the original, except that it only counts your cities
> that
> you originally owned, so you can conquest all you want.  Notable is that, if
> your country (probably due to cityfactor) goes into civil war, the other
> countries cities are originally yours, so, they could build more . . . I
> haven't yet
> thought of a clever solution to this.

Have you tried PR#2508 increasing settlercost?

I isn't too realistic too, but it there is no random in it, and the
effect starts from the begin of the game. So you have no limit to where
you should build cities and over that you shouldn't.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.