[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6808)

To: reinpost@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6808)
From: "Reinier Post" <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:35:47 -0800

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 07:24:31PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> > [rp - Sun Nov 09 19:46:33 2003]:
>
> > 5) When I wanted to attack my first enemy city, I was told I had to
> > call up F3 (the Players dialog) and cancel the treaty with the AI
> > player first, but the Players dialog doesn't appear to give me any
> > option to do this (see again screenshot #2).  So this is where my
> > playtesting ended.
>
> The way to do this is through the menu in the dialog.  But from your
> screenshot it looks like this menu was unavailable/invisible.

Yes; I have since used versions withoput the blackout bug.
My feature request is to make the doublclick on a player's line
do something - e.g. the intelligence report with a button for "Meet".

> > 6) The city interface seems to have deteriorated: more mouse clicks
> > seem required to change production in a city or to buy a unit.
> > When playing multiplayer or with a timeout this is the kind of thing
> > that can lose a game.
>
> That's an illusion.  Although the clicks may be less intuitive there are
> no more of them (because there are no popup dialogs).  Changing tabs
> makes it seem like a "larger" operation, however.

Yes, it does; once you know the shortcut keys it's OK.
Useability would be better still (and surpass that of the
old system) with more keyboard shortcuts.  Typing s to select Settlers
would be nice; hit return instead of Alt-G to change production
to Settlers would be nice as well.

> jason

Some of this should be in separate bug reports really.

--
Reinier