[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#717) WISHLIST: Goto cursor shows movecost

To: Brett.Albertson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sigra@xxxxxxx, stepan@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#717) WISHLIST: Goto cursor shows movecost
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:52:44 -0800

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Jason Short wrote:

> > [glip - Fri Aug 15 23:01:45 2003]:
> >
> > On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Jason Short wrote:
> >
> > > It would be easy to show the moves remaining at the location.  But
> > that
> > > would require new graphics (which are desirable anyway, but not
> > _required_).
> >
> > I've got a revolutionary idea: stuff the graphics, they are crap
> > anyway,
> > getting obscured by city names etc.  Display the turns and MP
> > remaining in
> > the box on the left, instead of the rather useless message "Select
> > destination".
>
> I really want the graphics to be shown on the destination tile.  Whether
> they are crap depends on the tileset; eventually someone will make
> better ones.
>
> I have no problem with showing them on the left as well.  While we're at
> it we should change the text to something like
>
>   Select [goto|patrol|connect] destination:
>   Source: grassland
>   Destination: mountains
>   Turns: 5
>   Moves remaining: 1
>
> This can easily be added after the initial patch is in.

How about this: you take Raimar's decoration patch and propel it into CVS
(or reject it).  Then you rewrite the 717 patch to use decorations AND do
the text on the left (if it can be done easily, why not straight away?).

Alternatively, just do the text instead of graphics and let Raimar's patch
wait for another decade or so.

G.