[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7232) message each time changing production

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7232) message each time changing production
From: "Erik Johansson" <admerik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 05:27:31 -0800

> [i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Mon Jan 12 15:28:21 2004]:
> > > I seem to be getting a message in the message dialog every time I
change
> > > city production. Surely this is new, and surely this is a bug.
> >
> > I've been seeing it for weeks now.  I agree.
>
> I have tested the last non-delta version. The same situation: the
> change event is of type E_UNIT_BUILD. You may want to change the
> display options for this event.

Hmm I tried removing it under win32-nongtk and there is no messsage
option to shut it off from the GUI. Further talking about message
options, I believe the Win32 has a better organzation than the GTK
version, but the messages you get really should be specified e.g. now
you get:

Game: Wonder soso in blabla will be finished next turn
Game: In blabla Production has been changed

That should be changed to something akin to:
City/Wonder: Wonder soso in blabla will be finished next turn
City/Improvement:  In blabla Production has been changed

So I can easily identify what type of message this is, and shut it off.

cheers  erik