[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7131) client orders to replace client goto

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7131) client orders to replace client goto
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:58:00 -0800

Arnstein Lindgard wrote:

> Unit pix label update bug. (Patch attached).

This is very ugly.  Use of a static variable is bug-prone.  Is it really
necessary?

> Also, server/unithand.c:handle_unit_goto() needs to set orders so
> client can display the "G" sprite.

No, for server-side goto ACTIVITY_GOTO is used and the client should
already display the "G" sprite.

In the future I think ACTIVITY_GOTO and server-side goto can be removed
entirely.  I think the AI doesn't need it, and once all human goto is
done through orders it will be unnecessary.

In fact, we could probably remove about half of the network packets once
orders are fully implemented.  But we'll see.

jason