[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6970) Wishlist: tririemes lost near arctic

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6970) Wishlist: tririemes lost near arctic
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 14:32:51 -0800

I understand your “proposal” but why you not make a more useful comment?

My patch is a little useful patch. This no break really compatibility
with civilizations (c) because poles are “ out of game zones” ( no body
play there ) in classical topology. And very nice for more sphere likes
ones were the poles are more centrals.

 If i begin implementing a TER_UNSAFE this is more work and we need
touch the generators too! More comment about your idea instead get a
blocked status make me more happy.

Sample:

implementing question

TER_UNSAFE ( unsafe general )
 or
TER_POLAR ( this is a specific for poles) ( the i can use it for some
polar abilities, Polar bear)

i can change  TER_NO_BARB in TER_POLAR (NO BARBAR IN POLES but i day
polar bears)

and then add the TER_UNSAFE

TER_UNSAFE is used for triremes in ocean
or
TER_UNSAFE is used for all unit in ocean ( bermudas triangles)
 in this case
TRIREMES need to see TER_UNSAFE or TER_POLAR ( first question) to
determine if coast are safe coast! Or polar coast!

Many many question, i can't begin implementing this if you limit to
block!

Then my patch is a little nice patch and we can make a more interesting
ones late
(for polars bear, and a polar specific civilization, and more polars
units and tech) when player ask for it! and developers too!
My time to make its is limited, and i no like lost it.
First i need see reaction to my Mega Giga patch (quincuncial) but this
one need best poles!

Marcelo

PS: This litles patch can assept changes or a server option POLES_SAFE
for full civ1,2 style