[Freeciv-Dev] New Graphics For R-Hires

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] New Graphics For R-Hires
From: Shandy Brown <shandy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:35:04 -0500

Hey.  I've started work on changing some graphics for r-hires.

As a newbie, I found it hard to remember what all the special terrain
icons meant, so I've tried to choose colours according to the following
scheme:

Black : resource
Green : food
Yellow: trade

Here's what I've changed:
Buffalo: made darker & more defined
Wheat:   new green wheat graphic
Silk:    yellow, added more detail & smoothness
Shield:  made black
Iron:    new "3 black ingots" graphic
Gems:    new bamboo graphic (thought bamboo made more sense)
Fish:    made greener, added detail

Here's the terrain1.png that can just replace the old one in r-hires.
I've also included an in-game screenshot.  Please let me know what you
think.
  Shandy Brown                               Digital Thinkery
  shandy @ geeky.net           http://www.digitalthinkery.com