[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Python

To: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Python
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 06:31:54 -0800

From: Raimar Falke [mailto:i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]

> That is a very good plan.

Agreed.

> Nevertheless all this is vapor ware till you decide on the first
> question: will you put work into it and create ProtoCiv.

Not a correct statement.  It is vaporware *long after* I make those
decisions and am *already implementing* ProtoCiv, assuming I do so.
Because a lot of work will have to be done by 1 person, me, before there
is any public unveiling.  This is why I so, so much could care less
about people who think the point is for me to show exactly how large my
coding penis is right here, right now.  Or that I should have shown it
already.  It is total fantasyland.

>  "Last year, out in California, at a PC users group, there
> was a demo of
>   smart speech recognition software. Before the demonstrator
> could begin
>   his demo, a voice called out from the audience: "Format c,
> return. Yes,
>   return." Damned short demo, it was.

That's pretty funny!

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com