[Freeciv-Dev] Python

To: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Python
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 03:37:01 -0800

From: Raimar Falke [mailto:mF`*ZeV6A-H3Xwe~u$FF`@rf.risimo.net]

> I have told Brandon in a private email that the chances are really
> high if he comes along with a feature that everybody wants and which
> is implemented in Python. If nobody want to recode it in C there is a
> high pressure to accept the feature (and Python).
>
> Just converting C to Python for the sake of it is not going to happen.

In Freeciv.  Freeciv management is not one of my variables anymore.
What will happen is, I will either create ProtoCiv (not sure of the
name) or I won't.  Then, your developers will jump ship, or the won't.
I will probably woo all your developers that would prefer to use Python,
want to do Game Design and AI stuff, and don't care about Civ II per se.
You will keep whomever thinks things are best the way they are.

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com

20% of the world is real.