[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7112) Amiga Freeciv won't compile.

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7112) Amiga Freeciv won't compile.
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 02:33:50 -0800

>> I've been trying all year to get the native Amiga version of
>> Freeciv to compile to no avail. Basically I'm not good enough at C
>> to figure out what's going on.
>>
>> AFAIK it has been uncompilable since at least March, I downloaded
>> an old snapshot and wouldn't work either.
>
> Yes, until now I hadn't time to update the sources. Sorry.
>
>> Has anyone managed to compile the native Amiga version at any time
>> since 1.14.0?  Does anyone use it other than me?
>
> The sources inside the 1.14.0 are not uptodate. The 1.14.1 sources
> however work. There will be a binary release soon.
>
> Ciao,
> Sebastian

Sebastian you are a legend.  Thank you.

If I can help out with testing or anything like that please let me know.

I have tried compiling the 1.14.1 source but this doesn't seem to work
either, at least on my system.  Here is the output:

SAS/C_SMAKE 6.3
Copyright (C) 1992 SAS Institute, Inc.
        execute temp_smk.tmp
        sc ANSI IDLEN=40 NOLINK DATA=FAR NOSTKCHK IGNORE=63 NOVERSION
DEFINE=HAVE_CONFIG_H LIB LIB:debug.lib DEFINE=NDEBUG MATH=IEEE LIB
LIB:scmieee.lib DEFINE=MIAMI_SDK /ai/advattitude.c IDIR=`cd` IDIR=NetInclude:
IDIR=/common IDIR=/server OBJNAME=sas_68k/ai/advattitude.o

====================
enum choice_type { CT_NONE = 0, CT_BUILDING = 0, CT_NONMIL, CT_ATTACK
/common/city.h 160 Warning 79: duplicate of enumeration value on line 160

====================
struct ai_choice;
/ai/aitools.h 18 Error 63: item "ai_choice" already declared
                           See line 177 file "/common/city.h"

====================
struct city;
/ai/aitools.h 19 Error 63: item "city" already declared
                           See line 19 file "/common/unittype.h"

====================
struct unit;
/ai/aitools.h 22 Error 63: item "unit" already declared
                           See line 22 file "/common/unittype.h"

struct ai_choice;
/ai/advattitude.h 17 Error 63: item "ai_choice" already declared
                               See line 177 file "/common/city.h"
sc failed returncode 20

*** SMAKE: Error return from child process ***

*** SMAKE: STOP ***

     -Morgan