[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7112) Amiga Freeciv won't compile.

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7112) Amiga Freeciv won't compile.
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 03:51:48 -0800

> I not sure if it's worth updating the MUI client. There are plans to
> write a unificated client structure. If this is really scheduled for
> the next Freeciv major release I would rather help there.

Sounds like a good idea, but I have one concern:  currently I run
Freeciv on an 68030/50 with no graphics card.  It's not fast but it's
not too bad either.

Would a unified client structure be able to run at a similar speed to
the MUI client?

I know I should upgrade, but Amiga hardware is very hard to get and
expensive here in New Zealand, especially graphics cards.

>> I have tried compiling the 1.14.1 source but this doesn't seem to
> work
>> either, at least on my system.  Here is the output:
>>
>> SAS/C_SMAKE 6.3
>> Copyright (C) 1992 SAS Institute, Inc.
>
> Which version of SAS is this? I suspect it's not the latest one.
> That might be the reason, as I can compile 1.14.1 with SAS/C 6.58.
>
> If your SAS support's it, you can also try to configure it that it
> ignores the error code 63 (that would be the "ign=63" command option
> with my SAS)

I shall experiment with this.

I'm using SAS/C 6.3 so maybe that is the problem.  What are the
chances of converting the Amiga port to GCC?

     -Morgan