[Freeciv-Dev] Re: server crashed upgrading a frigate (PR#6735)

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: server crashed upgrading a frigate (PR#6735)
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 02:13:01 -0800

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 08:37:51PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> I like the concept of Raimar's latest patch.  Here's a rework of it:

You forgot the patch.

> - Rather than pass separate need_city and need_gold parameters to
> upgrade_unit and test-unit_upgrade, I just pass a single parameter:
> is_free.  This is TRUE for Leonardo's, FALSE everywhere else.  It
> allows a more understandable interface and a stricter assertion
> within upgrade_unit.

I don't like it. We should in the light of gen effects move to
generalization. I think that it is desired to have an effect like:
"upgrades every turn one unit stationed in its homecity for free".

The other changes are ok.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Just because you put a flag on the moon doesn't make it yours, it just