[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6735) Server crashed upgrading a frigate

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6735) Server crashed upgrading a frigate
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:56:03 -0800

Jason Short wrote:

> Nor by doing this do we cut down on the duplicated rules.  The rules are
> still duplicated in upgrade_unit and unit_upgrade.  For instance
> upgrade_unit does not reassign any transported units, and thus
> unit_upgrade must check to make sure the transport capacity is large enough.

We can get around this to some extend by doing the operations in the
test function (unit_upgrade): for instance unit_upgrade can remove the
gold for upgrading in addition to testing that the player has enough
gold.  But at some point server data will need to be accessed and it is
not sufficient to do it in common code.  So fundamentally there must be
some duplication between common and server.

jason