[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#941) Wishlist: Traderoutes

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#941) Wishlist: Traderoutes
From: "raven@xxxxxxxxx" <raven@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:38:54 -0800

>If a city has four traderoutes, it is not possible to establish
>another traderoute. But your empire grows, and more valueable
>traderoutes become available.
>
>I would suggest, on sending a caravan in such a city,
>the worst/oldest traderoute should be replaced by the new one.

Another idea: What if cities were limited to 1 trade route per citizen?
I.e., a size 1 city can have 1 trade route, a size 4 city can have 4 trade
routes, and a size 16 city can get filthy rich.  Perhaps there should be
an upper limit.  Perhaps the upper limit should be a pre-game server
setting.

Perhaps Marketplaces, Banks, Stock Exchanges, Marco Polo's Embassy, having
an embassy with the player you're trading with, the United Nations, etc,
could have effects on the number of trade routes a city could have, what
you have to do to set up a trade route, how lucritive they are, etc.

Perhaps no one uses trade routes so it's irrelevant.

Perhaps no one uses trade routes so they need to be less of a pain to set up.

Anyway, more non-specific brainstorming from me.

--Zack