[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6978) A New Intro Graphic?

To: bhuang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6978) A New Intro Graphic?
From: "Arnstein Lindgard" <a-l@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:20:21 -0800

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:53:38 -0800 Guest wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Attached is a proposed design of a new intro.xpm,
>
> Please let me know if this design will be considered or could be enhanced.
>
> Bill.

I think RT corrupted this binary file, but I'll assume it's the same
image that was posted on freeciv-data recently.

Your globe has a cartoonish style, which I suppose could make the
intro more appealing. I usually like that style, and it somehow
implies that the game should be taken lightly. Like that game.. The
Settlers? By cartoonish I mean the ground details look like they are
photographed from a much closer range than the scale of the total
image suggests, making it impossible.

Your horizontal stripes reminds me that ultimately the globe should
be a rotating texture object. The starfield plus the text you
inserted reminds me that we could have some colorful scrolling text
there. Could be fun, plus it would piss off some with its cuteness. I
would retain the word 'Freeciv' in nice friendly letters below the
globe though.

Arnstein