[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6945) Morale

To: az@xxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6945) Morale
From: "John Wheeler" <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 04:37:03 -0800

> [glip - Tue Nov 25 11:18:48 2003]:
>
> The running away stuff is micromanagement I think.  Besides if the
> conditions of "retreat" are met, it would usually mean that the unit
> is nearly dead so a reasonable player would retreat the unit to the
> nearest city anyway.

This paragraph makes absolutely no sense to me.  If the computer does
automatically what you would do anyway, I would call that the exact
opposite of micromanagement.

I would love to see this implemented, although not necessarily in the
default ruleset.

Morale would be more interesting, but probably detract from playability,
if units could be captured and lower morale would increase the
likelihood of surrender.

I also wonder if the more realistic games that have to be given away
increase micromanagement requirements, and if so, whether increasing
automation would counterbalance that.

--

++JohnWheeler