[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6945) Morale

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6945) Morale
From: "Eugeny Korekin" <az@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:42:14 -0800

There's some thoughts about possible 'morale' implementation
for freeciv. Even if there no place for such concept in
default ruleset, I think, it should be useful for modpacks.

1) We can implement civ3-like 'retreat' option, so if one of
fighting units has greater speed than other, it can retreat
from fight, where it's hitpoints going to low.

2) Every unit in ruleset can have some 'morale' index.
When unit receives damages in fight, it's morale can
be decreased according to some rules from ruleset.

3) When morale of unit goes too low it must retreat from
fight and run to nearest friendly town. Player cannot control
that unit until unit reaches town.

4) When unit retreats from fight because of low morale it receives
additional damage, so low-morale-caused reatreat will be costly
and may even lead to destruction of that unit,

5) There can be additional morale-affecting factors, defined in ruleset.
For example, units of player with poor diplomatic reputations would
receive some penalty on their morale, unit which stays in city with
unhappy citizens will have morale penalty too. There can be buildings,
units and wonders affecting morale too.

Any suggestons about these ideas would be gladly appreciated.
sorry for bad english.