[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6838) quashing warnings

To: bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6838) quashing warnings
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:50:29 -0800

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 09:15:56AM -0800, Benoit Hudson wrote:

> > [i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Thu Nov 13 07:44:03 2003]:
> > http://www.splint.org/
>
> It would be nice if there were a command that ran everything through lint,
> so I could run 'make lint LINT=splint' and have it generate .lint files.
>  There would need to be a new configure flag to choose what lint to use
> (or maybe we just assume LINT=splint), and new automake stuff to have a
> %.lint:%.c rule.
>
> I can modify the makefiles by hand, but that's not as elegant.
> Unfortunately, my automake fu is weak.

I have never used lint. I don't know what these .lint files will
contain.

You can't run splint on the current unchanged source code because of
the variadic macros in die() and freelog().

You want to run splint over the entry source code in one run since
there are some globals checks (for example non-static function
declared and defined but never used).

I also have various splint config files: one tests bool problems, one
enum problems and so on.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman