[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6791) Re: Re: unit animation

To: Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6791) Re: Re: unit animation
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 05:44:57 -0800

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 04:10:38AM -0800, Horn Gábor wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I agree, althought full 3D would be a nice addition, it has a low
> priority. Why the commercial civ's look better is the fact they have
> nice and professional 2D graphics. So i think we should aim that too. I
> dunno how much artist we have in the freeciv team, so i tried to ask for
> some help at http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=8366 . As u
> can see the feedback is positive but not much usable help yet. Maybe if
> we could concretize more what we need they could help more.

Also note that there are non-commercial graphic sets out there for
civ3 which have a high quality
(http://www.civ3.de/www/content/index.php?cat=21). I think we could
convince one or multiple authors to license it under GPL. Now the only
problem is that these graphics are in civ3 format. They have a
different drawing scheme but it is IMHO possible to convert the
graphics or adapt freeciv.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  (On the statement print "42 monkeys"+"1 snake"): BTW, both perl and Python