[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6669) Topology and generators

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6669) Topology and generators
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:54:14 -0800

[evyscr - Thu Oct 30 22:58:20 2003]:

> Can't poles in N-S wrapped world lay on meridians (in earth terms)
> against parallels in E-W?

Yes, but I don't see why you'd want that.  You'd end up with a world
where east was up on your monitor.  I've often seen "reversed" maps
where south is up, but having east up doesn't really serve a purpose.

It's not really a model for a uranus-like world either; this type
shouldn't have poles (that is, the poles aren't any colder than the rest
of the map, on average - though I'm sure the temperature variation and
climate are quite different).

jason