Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] speed problems w/ gtk2 client

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] speed problems w/ gtk2 client
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:54:54 +0000 (GMT)

I have big problems with the speed of the gtk2 client when watching AI
games where several big AIs share vision. The server takes some time to
processs it all, but the client spends three times as long to process
everything on its end - that is, moving units around on the minimap!
That's crazy.

Could someone with knowledge in this client take a look at it?

Try for instance the attached savegame, login as 'ls'. Not always, but
often, turns take a lot of time to end.

  - Per