Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6379) implement get_mapview_corners for iso-maps

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6379) implement get_mapview_corners for iso-maps
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 03:45:49 -0700

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Jason Short wrote:

> Of course this cannot be tested without actually using iso-maps, and
> they are not enabled in Freeciv yet.  This patch comes straight from the
> gen-topologies.diff patch in the patches module of the freeciv-test
> repository, where it can be tested.
>
> It should at least be obvious from the patch that it doesn't change the
> current behavior at all.

It's pretty obivious.  And I daresay noone will bother to check your
calculations in other cases, so just commit it.

I do think that Ross is right in pointing out that overview coords are
different from native.  Maybe you can change comment to "operates on
overview coords assuming they are the same as native" or something like
this?

G.