[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4691) replace regular_map_pos_is_normal users with nat

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4691) replace regular_map_pos_is_normal users with native coordinates
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:04:03 -0700

[rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx - Wed Sep 17 15:25:23 2003]:

> Sample code (and commentary) attached from the civmap program (Dec
> 2002).
>
> This passes in the arguments, so there is no need to maintain obscure
> relationships between internal macro code and things developers might
> add at various unrelated locations. It also flags the macro code more
> visibly in the comments, and through use of caps.

While both Ross' and Jasons's macros do the same thing (I hope), this is
the list of things I would like Jason to copy from Ross':

1. Better comment (not often we see this from Ross ;).  All arguments
are explained.
2. Macros in caps.  Your attention is immediately drawn to the fact that
it's more than a variable.
3. Order of arguments.  It's good to see line and [xy] in the list
before they appear in say secfile_insert_str.

Sorry about my pickiness, but this code really confused me when I saw it
and we want to reduce the chance of confusion for future readers as much
as we can.

Best wishes,
G.