[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4691) replace regular_map_pos_is_normal users with nat

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4691) replace regular_map_pos_is_normal users with native coordinates
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:32:46 -0700

[jdorje - Mon Sep 15 19:50:26 2003]:

> [glip - Thu Sep 11 11:47:37 2003]:
>
> > [jdorje - Fri Jul 25 20:13:08 2003]:
> >
> > > This patch removes the regular_map_pos_is_normal macro, and replaces
> its
> > > users (in savegame.c) with native coordinates instead.
> > >
> > > This means the savegames will be stored in native coordinates.
For an
> > > iso-map this is a big savings versus using map coordinates since the
> > > native coordinates are rectangular.
> >
> > In SAVE_NORMAL_MAP_DATA, where does y (or nat_y) come from?  Where are
> > they defined?
>
> These exist (and must match) both inside and outside the macro.  This is
> a significant hack; on the other hand, that's how it's already been done.

Greg - you're right, 'line' also fits into this category, in
SAVE_MAP_POS, as is 'ch' in LOAD_MAP_POS.

Attached is a rework of the original patch that makes all of the shared
identifiers into macro arguments.  I think.

Seems like these should be separate patches, though I'm not sure which
should come first.  Also we should have LOAD_NORMAL_MAP_DATA and
LOAD_PLAYER_MAP_DATA macros, I think.

jason