[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6269) [proposal] Surrender

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6269) [proposal] Surrender
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:01:48 -0700

I propose a new treaty clause: Surrender.

If both nations accept the surrender, the surrendering player dies.

What happens to the units and cities belonging to the surrendering player
is controlled by a server option 'surrender':
  0 (default) - All units and cities belonging to surrendering player are
transferred to the player being surrendered to.
  1 (pubserver default) - All units and cities belonging to the
surrendering player are removed from the game.
  2 - Surrender is disabled. Players fight to the last unit.

AI players will attempt to surrender once only given that one of the
following conditions are true:
  1 - A player controls 75% of all cities on the map and has more
technology. We do not lead the space race.
  2 - A player we are at war with refuses peace and has twice as many
cities and as much technology as we have. Our cities are in great danger.
We do not lead the space race.
  3 - A player we are allied to is the original owner of at least half our
cities (most likely due to civil war), has more technology and more than
twice as many cities.

Discuss.

  - Per