[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6134) Telling bomber to fly home (Shift-G) cores.

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6134) Telling bomber to fly home (Shift-G) cores.
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:41:11 -0700

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Jason Short wrote:

> > We can commit it, I guess, or write a (server-side) function specially for
> > planes.
>
> I'm opposed to the latter.
>
> I'd be in favor, however, of adding air and helicoptor support to PF.
> It can't be any worse that what the server does, right?

I am not sure about that.  The present air-goto is well-debugged and fully
capable of supporting fuel.  I also suspect it will be faster than
PF+danger, which is needed for airplanes.  But we can have trials, when
there is an air support (incl. fuel) in PF.

In my experience, the PF with danger is very brittle (yes, I know who
wrote it).

G.