[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6134) Telling bomber to fly home (Shift-G) cores.

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6134) Telling bomber to fly home (Shift-G) cores.
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 06:42:48 -0700

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Jason Short wrote:
> > > There is (Shift G), but it cores in current cvs...
> >
> > Patch attached.
>
> We can commit it, I guess, or write a (server-side) function specially for
> planes.

The server already sends any wayward planes back home on end turn. We
could just add a server request to accelerate this ability.

On the other hand, somewhat off topic, I'd much rather like planes to
always come safely home when they are done flying, and instead reduce
their movement a bit. This reduces the tedious micromanagement of keeping
track of how many movement points it has left at any time and flying it
safely into a city if we can't go back home.

  - Per