[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6137) Compilation (configure) problem with SDL in non-

Cc: lwithers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6137) Compilation (configure) problem with SDL in non-standard location
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:43:16 -0700

Attempting to configure FreeCiv with SDL support in some form fails if
SDL's include files/library files are not in the usual paths (e.g. if
I install SDL in /opt/sdl ). However, SDL comes with a config script,
sdl-config, which gives the relevant locations as output for GCC, i.
e.:

 $ sdl-config --cflags
-I/opt/sdl/include

 $ sdl-config --libs
-L/opt/sdl/lib -l...

This issue definitely affects the configure script in CVS; however, I
don't know the first thing about the autotools, so I'm afraid I can't
create a patch for it. The fix should be trivial though: just add the
flags returned by sdl-config.