[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6094) assert in path finding

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6094) assert in path finding
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 07:16:05 -0700

[ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Wed Sep 10 14:00:32 2003]:

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 06:54:21AM -0700, Jason Short wrote:
> > Jason Short wrote:

> goto

> > > Looks like a bug.  moves_left_initially is 24, but move_rate is
> 18.
> > >
> > > The base rate for the transport is 5, +1 for the "fast boat" tech.
> This
> > > is the origin of 18.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure why the transport has 8 moves, though.
> >
> > Pille, do you know why it has 8 moves?
>
> The serbians have Magellan + 1 from fast boat 5 + 1 +2 = 8.

The city and unit were bribed from the Serbians during the current turn.
 Thus the unit still has 8 moves, but it's move_rate is only 6.

PR#6126 is probably the same, but at the server side following a civil war.

The same thing could happen if you lost the city containing Magellan's,
and possibly when the Lighthouse becomes obsoleted.

jason