[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6080) Civ3: Privateer

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6080) Civ3: Privateer
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:21:42 -0700

  Please note that civ3 compatibility is not freeciv goal. We might
decide that this feature is not to be included into freeciv.

  In civ3 privateers carry no nationality markings. They can attack
anybody without starting war. Anybody can attack them.

  Sounds like another unit flag to me.

  I have never used these myself. When first playing civ3, I compared
their stats to other ships already present or coming up shortly (can't
upgrade them) and decided that they are too weak to be used. So I don't
think they are too much needed for civ3 ruleset, but maybe idea would be
interesting when applied to some more useful unit (modpack usage).

  I'm just wondering if this can be implemented without making some
common code unnecessary messy (hiding nationality info from client,
fluently attacking while in peace, attacking without starting war).

  - Caz