[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5672) Changing production categories when having t

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5672) Changing production categories when having to much shields
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 03:25:13 -0700

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 01:45:36PM -0700, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > The case of a city size 1 with zero food surplus producing infinete shields
> > is clearly an extremum, even when I don't think this is used as an effective
> > strategy. It's probably more effective to let that city grow to size 3
> > first. But the 'surprise' effect can be negative. This case can be addressed
> > by not allowing a city's shield stock to grow over the production target's
> > costs. It is the only case where the shield stock can exceed that limit.
>
> You can also keep producing a wonder that has already been produced,
> racking up huge amounts of shields, then suddenly produce a wonder in one
> turn once a new one becomes available. This feature is quite nice, IMHO,
> and I'd mourn its demise if it was removed.

That is ok, because we need it for the game balance.

It would be really hard for a player who didn't win the wonderrace that
he loses his shields (half of them) that way.

But it's different from saving shields in unitproduction to move all of
them 1to1 into a wonder (without using caravans)

The rule is:
When switching production from 1 category to another there is a penalty
from 50%.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.