[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5448) SPAM! in RT!

To: jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5448) SPAM! in RT!
From: "Paul Zastoupil" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:08:05 -0700

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 11:40:11AM -0700, Jason Short wrote:

> [dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx - Wed Aug 27 13:29:21 2003]:
>
> > John Wheeler wrote:
> >
> > >Tickets with the subject "Your Details", "Thank you!", "Re: Your
> > >application", and "Re: That Movie" all appear to be some kind of virus
> > >or spam attack, with an attached .pif file.  In addition to killing
> > >them, I suggest something be done to stop them.  The only thing I can
> > >think of is only allowing people registered in the RT system (including
> > >rt-guest) to create tickets.  Humans would still be able to add them
> > >through logging in to the web site as guest.
>
> They all come through e-mails to rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (or
> bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).  Problem is we really want to leave this open
> so people can report bugs there.
>
> > Might I propose the simple solution that we block all .pif attachments?
> > Maybe all exe, com, bat, scr, and vbs too while we're at it.  I can't
> > think of any conceivable use for any of them (unlike png and diff, which
> > are vital)
>
> Paul, is this feasible?

Yes, and I plan to add all this in the switch to RT3.  I'm planning on
putting Spamassassin and some procmail recipes in front of RT.

Are there any complaints about RT3 right now (besides it being slow)?
If not, I'll work on switching things over after I get back from
vacation ~Sept 15.

--
Paul Zastoupil