[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5448) SPAM! in RT!

To: jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5448) SPAM! in RT!
From: "Daniel L Speyer" <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 06:29:22 -0700

John Wheeler wrote:

>Tickets with the subject "Your Details", "Thank you!", "Re: Your
>application", and "Re: That Movie" all appear to be some kind of virus
>or spam attack, with an attached .pif file.  In addition to killing
>them, I suggest something be done to stop them.  The only thing I can
>think of is only allowing people registered in the RT system (including
>rt-guest) to create tickets.  Humans would still be able to add them
>through logging in to the web site as guest.

Might I propose the simple solution that we block all .pif attachments?
Maybe all exe, com, bat, scr, and vbs too while we're at it.  I can't
think of any conceivable use for any of them (unlike png and diff, which
are vital)

OTOH, are you *sure* that they're coming through RT?  Remember that this
virus forges its "from" line.

--Daniel Speyer