[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5494) Not possible to generate extreme terrain.

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5494) Not possible to generate extreme terrain.
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:02:21 -0700

It seems very hard to generate extreme terrain.
I tried to set (in percents, after adjust_terrain_param)
forests 22
mountain 22
swamp 22
desert 22
grass 7

And what I got was very far from 7 percent grassland / plains.
In fact it looked more like 50 percent.

I only looked at desert generation (make_deserts in mapgen.c) and what I
saw was quite horrible.  It

(a) attempts to treat the percents as the _number_ of deserts to be placed
(b) even that it cannot do, since it's done recursively but nobody traces
the number of deserts placed inside the recursion
(c) it exits after 500 attempts, no mater how many deserts have been
placed.

G.