[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5141) "Next time open" not persistent

To: jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5141) "Next time open" not persistent
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:20:46 -0700

[jdwheeler42 - Tue Aug 19 18:15:40 2003]:

> In the city dialog, under the "Settings" tab, the "Next time open"
> setting is not saved in .civclientrc, so every time the client is
> restarted, it reverts to the default "Overview" setting.  (If
> accelerators for the tabs were restored in CVS, this wouldn't be as
> important.)

This is not easily solvable since the .civclientrc data is saved by the
common client code, but the city dialog pages are gui-specific.

We could just save an integer value for which page to open, but if you
switched clients this value would become garbage.  Is that preferable to
not saving it at all?

jason