[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5234) gen 2 island circumference

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5234) gen 2 island circumference
From: iquin@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 07:57:58 +0800

> I tried it, I liked it; I didn't notice any difference
> in world generation time, but the islands did seem to
> end up more "fair".  (I do wonder if each island is
> getting the roughly the same amount of each type of
> terrain, though -- but that's a whole other problem.)

You might want to try landmass >= 70 and generate 3 islands.
I suspect mapgen might even loop indefinately after patched.

Unless someone changed the code, each islands should still
get roughly the same amount of each type of terrain (including
rivers).

IMHO, if equal circumference is desired, it should be done
when generating islands and not after, i.e. recalculate
circumference for every tile dropped and stop putting anymore
tiles when the desired circuference is reached.

Regards,
I.Q.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers