[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4777) wishlist: remove embassies

To: andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4777) wishlist: remove embassies
From: "Andy Smith" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 04:14:32 -0700

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 03:48:42AM -0700, andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> There should be an option to remove embassies in your
> country established by other players. They give away
> info that one might not want to share with people
> that you are at war with.

what about further embassies that may be established?  This will
allow a momentary glance at all the info until you get around to
noticing and removing the embassy.  Perhaps instead, people you are
at war with should get no information?

But, I guess some of the information is gathered by the equivalent
of spying.  Maybe during times of war the information should remain
static and only updated anytime a city is taken/bribed/investigated?
This would represent a freshening of info gathered from new spying
activity or contacts, information that would normally be freely
available during peace time.

That's quite complicated though; maybe there should just be options
to deny certain players from establishing any more embassies with
you.

--
"If you only ever read one book in your life, I highly recommend you keep your
 mouth shut."