[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4769) Re: Re: (PR#4761) civserver get_invention cr

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4769) Re: Re: (PR#4761) civserver get_invention crash
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 03:40:57 -0700

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Christian Knoke wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 03:33:14PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:
> > Note if the city is destroyed the other patch is still needed to avoid
> > memory corruption.Also note if this happens the undisbandable unit
> > will be disbanded.
>
> Should go to another city IMHO.

If you want to protect the unit from dying due to loss of homecity, you
can use the new F_NOHOME flag. However, this also prevents you from having
shield or food upkeep on that unit.

The idea behind F_UNDISBANDABLE when not used with F_NOHOME is that this
can be used to create risky units that will destroy your city if you are
not careful, or evil units that are powerful but live only for a short
time until their city of origin has perished through sacrificing all their
citizens to it.

Yes, I plan on using this in a modpack one day :-)

  - Per

"This is the future for the world we're in at the moment,"
promised Lawrence Di Rita, special assistant to Rumsfeld.
"We'll get better as we do it more often."