[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4742) AI sea hunters

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4742) AI sea hunters
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 04:09:42 -0700

This patch implements AI sea hunters. These are ships that hunt other
ships. The AI will now build submarines and send them after hostile
transports. It will also build missiles and nuclears which it will put on
the subs to increase their effective range and firepower.

A proof of concept savegame is included. Set Tupac to AI, send Isildur's
transport full of goodies towards Tupac's island and watch the fireworks
begin.

This was originally written as an experimental patch to test pf. However,
it uses the old goto code for missiles, which also has to be kludged a bit
to make the missiles attack.

At the moment it does not seem to build much missiles on its own, but if
you build missiles and put them in the sub's city (when stationed in a
city), it will load them before going out and will use them effectively
against any potential threat or against the hunted target.

  - Per

"This is the future for the world we're in at the moment,"
promised Lawrence Di Rita, special assistant to Rumsfeld.
"We'll get better as we do it more often."