Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: City name in city dialog

To: Cameron Morland <Cameron@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: City name in city dialog
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:48:12 +0100 (WET DST)

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Cameron Morland wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 10:48:52AM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 04:02:19AM -0300, Lobo Gris wrote:
> > > The gtk2 client lacks of an indication of what city we are managing. If
> > > you are moving through the different cities with the buttons "Prev city"
> > > and "Next city" you get lost completelly.
> >
> > get your WM titlebar back. You can do it by checking "popunder" or some
> > such in the client options dialog. The city name will be in the titlebar.
>
> For me, at least, this is not an acceptable solution. I don't like to
> waste screen space, so I have no titlebars on any of my windows. I
> really think the contents of the window should be sufficient to
> indicate what it is.

Tough luck. If I changed it for the city dialog I would have to change it
for a myriad of other dialogs which only feature the info in the titlebar
as well. I will not add redundant information to dialogs. If that is what
you want, use the XAW client.
What you want is completely against the spirit of the GTK+ 2.0 HIG.

People, we are past the late 70's here. Windows have titlebars.

---