Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4651) savegame -> client segfault & server lock

To: simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4651) savegame -> client segfault & server lock
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:20:29 -0700

[jdorje - Wed Jul 23 02:59:45 2003]:

Hello.

> I saved a game [1]. Later, I opened the game. Sometimes the server
> locked
> (It loaded the game, but before the first round finished, it didn't
> react
> anymore), sometimes the clients did a segfault. I'm using freeciv
> 1.14.0
> without patches.

I cannot reproduce this with 1.14.0 compiled from source on my machine.

- What client are you using (GTK, XAW, Win32, etc.)?

- What platform are you on?

- Did you compile it yourself or get a binary distribution?

- If there's a segfault, what does it say?  Can you get a backtrace (if
you don't know how, we can explain)?

jason